Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Mommy and Me Day at the zoo with Ms. B








As my children are a little older I have come to realize the importance of "just me and you days". It hit me the first day we took my oldest to preschool, just a few weeks ago. I thought her little brother would be lost, devistated without his sister. Quite the opposite. After drop off, with a big grin, he mustered up in his 2 y/o little man voice, "Just me and you Momma, just me and you!"

Yesterday we were routine as normal, but instad of heading to preschool after Mother's Day out drop off, my little girl and I headed to the zoo. I told her we were playing hooky (I can't wait to hear the repaet interpretation of that!) and we were spending the day, just me and her together. She was elated!






I signed us up for a zoo encounter class at our local zoo. The theme was nocternal animals (of course!). It was quite an education. We got up close with bats, snakes, spiders, millipedes, an owl and my favorite, the chinchilla.



Have you ever heard of an owl pellet? We learned that owls can't digest the fur and bones of its prey. The cough it up like a fur ball, and you guess it, we got to disect it. It was very interesting and very fun. I do believe it might have been more fun with the other child and his father, but we had a great time being brave and overcoming our girly side!

No comments: