Friday, October 17, 2008

New York City??

I wrote this several weeks ago to my awesome floow artisans at the LArtisans ETSY street team board. As I am still so super excited I thought is was blog worthy...

September 18

So yesterday as I was making my afternoon pickups from preschool I recieved a call from New York. I muted it. I don't know anyone from NY and if I did, they sure wouldn't want to talk to me over all the squeeling and singing coming from the back seat.


An hour or so later as I was waiting in line at the cleaners I casually decided to go through my messages. Much to my dismay, it was someone from the Health and Beauty Dept at Self Magazine!! OMG I nearly dropped the phone as I listened to the nice message. They had viewed my site and were wanting to Fed Ex one of my scrubs to New York (Time Square *gasp*) for a photoshoot today for their December edition! I love self magazine. I love their promotion of health, wellness, and women's issues. And to know that they just might love me back... I am beside myself.


This is the biggest thing yet to happen for my little biz. I have Never been to New York City myself, but have always wanted to go to Time Square. And to think *in my best southern girl accent* my lil ol' Cottage Garden Therapies Sugar and Honey Scrub made it all the way from South Louisiana to Time Square in New York City this morning!

No comments: